Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New York City!!

So I haven't posted anything in forever. After working all day, I really don't want to sit in front of the computer any more. I need to check with my manager to see if I can do this from work on my breaks. As most of you may know, I just got back from New York City and had a blast!! We got do do everything that we wanted and packed as much as we could into each day. We got up early and went to bed late. I can't wait to go back again! I experienced many things for the first time.


First time to NYC:

Lori and I on the tour bus around NYC

First trip to the Empire State Building:


View from the top

Janice and I with King Kong at the top of the Empire State Building

First Broadway show!!

Getting ready for the show!!
Yeah!!
First trip to Ellis Island:
Lori, Janice, Sherida, and I at Ellis Island

First time seeing the Statue of Liberty:

Janice, Me, and Lori at the Statue of Liberty

On the boat to Statue of Liberty

Leaving NYC for the Statue of Liberty!

First Carriage ride around Central Park:

Standing in the rain waiting for our carriage ride around Central Park

Our carriage ride
First time to the Manhattan Temple:
Lori and I at the temple

Manhattan Temple

Biggest Sandwich ever!!
Kim trying to eat the sandwich

Can't even pick it up ;)

Big sandwich at the Carnegie Deli
First Subway ride:

Sherida and I on the subway

Kim and Lori on the subway
First Taxi ride:

No we didn't ride in this taxi...but we thought it was cool. Our taxi looked like any other taxi!


So many firsts and I can't wait to go back and experience everything for a second time. The only parts that I did not enjoy was the flight out and the rain on the last day. On our flight to NYC, a lady was having a heart attack and we had to make a emergency stop in Detroit. If any of you know me very well, you know that I do not handle medical emergency situations very well. It is a good think I had drowsy Dramamine in me. I just turned my music up and told Lori to tell me when she was off the plane.

It only rained two days while we were there. The first time it rained we were just leaving the statue of liberty and decided to take the subway back to the hotel instead of the tour bus or walking in the rain. That night we went to Wicked and it rained pretty hard while we were eating dinner, but the weather was great by the time we were done eating and we were able to walk to the theater without umbrellas. The last day in NYC it rained ALL DAY LONG!! The day before was bright and sunny so I thought we would get the sun two days in a row and didn't dress right for the day. I wore the wrong shoes and was soaked clear through. I make squishing noises when I walked. I was ready to get on the plane and get back to the sunny warm weather in Arizona!

All the rest of the trip was wonderful and amazing. We were able to go see two Broadway shows and had pretty good seats for both. We saw Wicked and Phantom of the Opera. I didn't know anything about Wicked and it was exciting to see how everything in that story tied into the Wizard of Oz. Phantom was awesome as well. I wanted to see Mama Mia too, but discounted tickets were all sold out. We also got to see all the sights too, Empire State Building, Ground Zero, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, China Town, and the MET. I took like 200 pictures, so I will try and get more pictures later :)

2 comments:

  1. I <3 NYC! Glad you had a good time! I want to go back too - there is too much to do and see for one trip!
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Rob and I love going to NYC!

    ReplyDelete