Sunday, October 11, 2009

Update!

So I don't update my blog very much...I'm bad. I feel like I need to have a picture to go with each post and I haven't been able to download any pictures from my camera so I can post them. But a lot has gone on this summer and I am really sad that summer is over. I enjoy the warm weather so much and even though Arizona doesn't get freezing....I still get cold. So I still don't have pictures to go with this post, but I thought I would let everyone know I am still alive and what has been going on this summer.

My roommate Lori and I moved out of our apartment the end of August into a 3 bedroom house. We have so much more room and always have a place to park. We also got another roommate. Kami is a lot of fun and all 3 of us have stayed up late jamming out to rock band. We started a band and made up fake names.....yep we are still in high school. :) We are having fun decorating and planning for a party....so you all better come!! The landlord left a big screen tv and furniture so we feel pretty cool. The house backs up to a golf course so we get golf balls in our yard and so far only our light outside has been broken. We also have a fire pit in the backyard and are excited to roast marshmallows and hot dogs.

Work is so crazy. My team has been chosen to be a part of a beta test to see the best way transition students from their associate degree to their bachelors degree. I was stupid and volunteered to be the only bachelors finance counselor on the team and have not been able to catch up on my work since. There has been a lot of problems getting everything settled and put together. At one point I had over 500 students in class and calling me. Now I only have 400....which is still too many. A few months ago I was promoted to senior finance counselor and team lead. It didn't mean a pay raise, I just have the potential to make more money, but it means a lot more work. I enjoy work most of the time, but I am ready for it to settle down a little more and catch up on some work. This Friday management is taking our whole division to the movies for the whole day. While this will be fun....it won't help me catch up on work....but I will totally go anyway!

This summer has been fun and I have enjoyed spending it with my family. My family is the best and I love being with them. I especially love being an aunt and love my nephew Connor. He gets more adorable everyday. He recognizes who we are now and it is fun to see his face light up when he looks at you. Our family took a short trip to Las Vegas for Labor day and Jackie's birthday. I do have pictures from this trip on Jackie's camera...maybe I will post later.

Life is crazy but good. Everyone at work is getting sick....and I am just trying to think healthy thoughts and not let it catch me....no time for getting sick.

Well that's my life lately. I will take pictures of the house and post them soon. So I said no pictures, but I found a cute picture of Connor from a few months ago. I bought these sunglasses for him before he was born and we finally tried them on. What a stud!!

1 comment:

  1. janalee! Good to hear your life is going wonderful :)
    Connor is so dang cute in those sun glasses!!
    hope you get your work caught up on and congrats on the new house! i bet it is fun to live with two other fun girls!!!

    ReplyDelete